By Tessa Lyons, Product Manager
At F8, Facebook’s annual developer conference, members of the News Feed product team gave a talk about the company’s commitment to fixing issues on the platform. Greg Marra, director of product management, began the talk by describing how we’re organizing ourselves to more effectively anticipate and prevent abuse using a framework it calls Problems, Surfaces, and Actions.
In the clip above, I dive deep into how my team applies the Problems, Surfaces, and Actions framework to fight misinformation and false news.
- Greg’s and my full talk: F8: Authenticity and Quality in News Feed
- A short summary of our work on false news: Machine Learning, Fact-Checkers and the Fight Against False News.
- More on the Remove, Reduce, Inform framework: The Three-Part Recipe for Cleaning up Your News Feed
- More talks from F8: F8 2018: Sharing to Stories, AR Camera Effects, Oculus Go and More Highlights from Day 1
- F8 2018: Open AI Frameworks, New AR/VR Advancements, and Other Highlights from Day 2