By Chris Hatfield, Product Manager, Video
Creators around the world are sharing their videos on Facebook to build a community around their passion — whether their passion is comedy sketches, their favorite recipes, or even knitting sweaters. On Facebook, creators can connect with more than two billion potential fans and collaborators, get to know their community, talk directly to fans with Live, and monetize with products like branded content.
We understand that creators have specific needs, and we’re committed to helping them on their journey as they grow and find their community. As part of this commitment, we’re announcing two initiatives to help creators unleash their creativity: an app that helps creators manage their presence on Facebook and a central destination where creators can get the resources they need to improve and grow.
Facebook Creator App
The Facebook Creator app is a one stop shop for creators of all kinds, to help take their passions to the next level. With the app, creators can easily create original video, go live with exclusive features, and connect with their community on Facebook — all from their pocket.
If you’re a creator, there are a range of features for you:
- Live Creative Kit: Access exclusive tools that make it easy to create live broadcasts with a personalized and fun feel. Creators can add intros as openers to their live broadcasts, outros that conclude them, custom live stickers that viewers can use to interact, and graphic frames to create a consistent brand.
- Community Tab: Connect with fans and collaborators with a unified inbox, which centralizes comments from Facebook and Instagram, and messages from Messenger.
- Camera & Stories: Use fun camera effects and frames and easily crosspost content to other platforms. Creators can also access Facebook Stories to engage with their fans.
- Insights: Easily access metrics to inform content creation, including analytics about your Page, videos and fans.
If you’re a creator making a show for Watch, you can also log into the app as your Show Page to access the features above. We’re currently testing shows with a set of creators and plan to roll out more broadly in the future.
We’re launching the Facebook Creator app globally today on iOS, and will be rolling it out to Android users in the coming months. The app is open to individuals on Pages or profiles, and you will be able to download it in the Apple App Store today. We will be gathering feedback and iterating on the app to create the best experience for creators.
A New Website for Creators
Facebook for Creators is a new website where creators can find resources and tips on how to create great videos, connect with fans, and grow on Facebook.
If you’re a creator, with Facebook for Creators you can:
- Learn skills and techniques to make your content shine
- Find answers to common creator-specific questions
- Join the community to be considered for early access to new features and tools
Creators are invited to join the Facebook for Creators community here.
We are excited to see how creators use these tools to share video, interact with their followers, and grow their community on Facebook. We are just getting started, and look forward to continuing to work collaboratively with creators to make their experience on Facebook even better.