The Oscars are Hollywood’s biggest night, and the most watched entertainment event of the year. The show brings us together, captures our attention and creates conversation around the moments we care about. Last year, 11.3 million people chatted about the Oscars on Facebook, for a total of 25.4 million combined posts, comments and likes.
Today, we’re introducing the new Trending experience for the Oscars to give fans one place to connect in real time as they watch the night unfold.
With the Trending experience for the Oscars, you can:
- See posts from your friends and people in your network with Friends and Groups
- See real-time reactions from people around the world with Live Feed
- View photos and videos from news outlets as well as people at the show
- View posts from the Academy, ABC, the nominees, and other public voices with In the Story
- Join the conversation by posting about the show with the update “watching the Oscars” and “watching the 87th Academy Awards”
Check out the Trending Oscars experience at facebook.com/oscars. You can also navigate there by tapping on posts with the “watching the Oscars” tag or Oscars-related hashtags, by clicking on “Oscars” in Trending, and by using Facebook Search. From the red carpet through the show, the Oscars is likely to be one of the most talked-about moments on Facebook this year and we hope this new experience will bring fans, celebrities and journalists together in one ongoing conversation.
In addition to this Trending experience, Facebook and ABC Entertainment are partnering for the first time. On the red carpet, ABC will incorporate exclusive, real-time Facebook data of the most buzzed about nominees during the pre-show. In addition, fans will be able to ask questions of their favorite nominees via Good Morning America’s Facebook Page, with the potential to see their question answered live on the red carpet.