Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s day anticipation, Star Wars Day and Kevin Durant’s MVP honors are among the most-buzzed-about topics on Facebook this week. Public figures are joining the conversation, so check out our weekly rankings and a few standout posts.
This Week’s Facebook Buzz Rankings*
1. Cinco de Mayo
2. National Nurses Week
3. Mother’s Day anticipation
4. Cuban exiles arrested in Havana for alleged terrorist plot
5. Teacher Appreciation Day
6. Season premiere of “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” on VH1
7. “May The Fourth Be With You” — fans celebrate Star Wars Day on May 4
8. Mayweather vs. Maidana in professional boxing
9. Kevin Durant wins NBA MVP and honors mother in acceptance speech
10. Tyga, Lil Durk rap battle over “ChiRaq” track
*Buzz rankings reflect the top entertainment topics being discussed on Facebook, May 4-7, in the United States. Rankings are based on both frequency and momentum: the Facebook conversations that not only got a lot of buzz during the week, but also saw a notable increase compared with the previous week.