April Fools’ Day, Ugadi, CBS’ “How I Met Your Mother” and Opening Day for Major League Baseball are among the most-buzzed-about topics on Facebook this week. Public figures are joining the conversation, so check out our weekly rankings and a few standout posts.
This Week’s Facebook Buzz Rankings*
1. April Fools’ Day
2. Ugadi celebrations mark Hindu New Year
3. Chivas Guadalajara vs Club America soccer match in Mexico
4. Series finale of CBS’ “How I Met Your Mother”
5. Autism awareness during the month of April
6. Opening Day for Major League Baseball
7. Earthquake off the coast of Chile
8. NCAA college basketball tournament narrows to Final Four
9. Univision’s “Nuestra Belleza Latina” beauty competition
10. “Noah” movie big at US box office
*Facebook Buzz Rankings reflect the top topics being discussed on Facebook, March 30-April 2, in the United States. The rankings are based on both frequency and momentum: the Facebook conversations that not only got a lot of buzz during the week, but also saw a notable increase compared with the previous week.